Terms and Conditions
1. Introduction: signature on the confirmation of tourism services order or providing details concerning method of payment or taking part in receipt of services manifest the full and express consent of the client/passenger to all conditions specified in the confirmation of order and its terms and conditions that represent the agreement between the client and the passengers and Middle Eat, licensed dealer (Limor Cohen) number 029613833 (hereinafter: Middle Eat). The client/passenger shall make no claim as to failure to read and/or disagreement with the terms and conditions contained in the agreement prior to making the order.
2. Middle Eat arranges the trip and/or orders tourism services for the passenger according to the details specified in the confirmation of order through tourism providers that are recognized as reliable and professional. Each order is a request until the aforesaid providers grant their final approval thereof.
3. Middle Eat undertakes to arrange the trip and/or the order in a professional manner, provide the service providers with the relevant information concerning the deal and ensure that the order conforms to the details requested in the order, and yet it shall not be held liable for unexpected disturbances and/or malfunctions that are beyond its control if such are experienced by service providers, since the proposed services are offered under the sole liability of the tourism services provider unless Middle Eat knew, or had to know in advance about that malfunction and/or disturbance. Middle Eat shall make every effort to help the passenger concerning any question, query or irregularity pertaining to the services.
4. All the information represented by Middle Eat concerning the proposed services is fully based upon information received by different providers. Middle Eat's liability for this information is limited to the fact that it originates in the aforesaid providers and conveyed to the passenger in full. Middle Eat shall not incur the cost of any damage caused as a result of using these services.
5. In the event of a special request made by a passenger, Middle Eat undertakes to deliver the request to the service provider, yet it shall not be obligated to fulfill this request unless the passenger received approval in writing that his request would be fulfilled. When a special request included in the order pertains to essential requirements made by the passenger due to his special needs, Middle Eat shall query with the service provider whether the aforesaid request can be fulfilled and shall notify the passenger about its query prior to the final approval of the request.
6. Transport and guidance services during the trip shall be carried out through a team that will manage the trip and handle all the events related to the normal course of the trip. It is hereby clarified that in certain events the aforesaid team might be replaced.
7. Middle Eat may, at its discretion, reject a request to make an order or cancel the same or discontinue the participation of a passenger who might interfere or that interferes with the ordinary course of the trip without having to provide reasons for its decision. In such event all expenses shall be incurred by the passenger.
8. The passenger is obligated to inform Middle Eat, prior to registering for a trip, about any physical and/or health and/or mental condition and/or any other condition that might limit or impede his participation in the trip. The passenger is aware that Middle Eat's consent to register him to a trip relies upon the absence of such notice, meaning that the passenger is unlimited in any manner to take part in the trip. Any malfunction and/or expenditure caused as a result of the passenger's medical and/or mental condition shall be incurred by the passenger only.
9. The passenger declares and warrants that he understands he is a part of a group traveling together. Hence, he declares and warrants to conduct himself with patience and tolerance towards all other passengers, cooperate and abide by Middle Eat's instructions in the course of his relations with other passengers and towards others in general.
10. The passenger undertakes to appear in group meetings in scheduled hours and if he does not do so he may be considered as if he waived his right to do so. If the passenger is prevented from attending a meeting for reasons that are beyond his control he ought to notify Middle Eat's staff or one of the group members that he is about to join the group soon.
11. Liability for damages: access roads, roads and footpaths are influenced by seasonal, climatic and other changes that are beyond Middle Eat's control. Interruptions that occur in a destination where utilities are not sufficiently developed, as well as any other element concerning force majeure, may have an adverse affect on the trip and the passenger ought to take this into account. Middle Eat is not liable for damages caused to the passenger as a result of falling, accidents, diseases, hospitalization, medical expenditures, damage to luggage, failure to perform certain actions or faulty execution thereof, inconvenience or any direct or indirect damage that may be caused to the passenger during the trip.
12. It is hereby clarified and emphasized that no refunds shall be given for discontinuation of trip owing to disease, injury or any other reason. The passenger shall not make any claim, pecuniary or other, that may derive from the services or in relation thereto, against Middle Eat, its employees, agents, representatives or anyone acting on its behalf. The conditions set forth herein are binding and no one, including anyone acting on behalf of Middle Eat, is authorized to act in a manner different than the one stipulated herein.
13. Middle Eat and/or its representatives are not liable for monetary losses and/or additional losses that are caused due to changes or cancellations and/or due to a slow rate of progress made by the group. These losses and/or expenditures shall be borne by the passenger.
14. Middle Eat reserves the right to make changes that it deems as necessary in the itinerary of the trip and/or required for the purpose of its appropriate conduct and/or for any other reason. In some events the sites specified in the course of each trip may not be open. Middle Eat is not obligated to make any payment to the passenger deriving from the aforesaid changes.
15. In some of the areas included in the trip as well as touristic attractions there are dangerous areas. A passenger that disobeys the instructions given by Middle Eat's representative and the instructions prescribed by the site management does so at his sole responsibility.
16. Passenger population: a variety of people of all ages and backgrounds take part in the trip. The trip is open for all populations without an age limit.
17. Accommodation: the rating of accommodation is set by the local tourist bureau and cannot be compared with other countries. Middle Eat is obligated to display the accommodation according to its rating as set by the official authorities in the country even if the rating is not identical to other accommodations in another country. If the passenger encounters a problem he ought to contact the staff of the lodging and/or the local provider whose details are specified on the voucher in order to come up with an appropriate solution during the vacation. If no solution was found the passenger ought to contact Middle Eat. Either way, the passenger ought to act in good faith, cooperate and, if necessary, minimize damages by taking reasonable actions.
18. In the event of overbooking service providers reserve the right to take guests to alternative lodgings in a similar or higher level located in the area of the lodging that was ordered.
19. Responsibility for allocation of rooms in the lodging and/or the working condition of facilities and/or services rendered in the lodging including air conditioning systems is under the responsibility of the lodging and/or the service provider only. In the event of a special request of the passenger, Middle Eat will deliver the request to the service provider or the lodging yet this shall not constitute an undertaking for fulfilling the passenger's request unless the passenger received an approval in writing that his request would be fulfilled. When a special request that is included in the order pertains to essential requirements of the passenger due to his unique needs, Middle Eat shall query with the service provider whether this request can be fulfilled and shall notify the passenger about the result of the query prior to the final confirmation of the order.
20. A single passenger will stay in a room with another passenger in the group and no claims concerning lack of conformity shall be accepted. A passenger interested in reserving a single room should do so in advance at an extra charge. Middle Eat does not undertake to accept or approve the order of a single room for any passenger requiring to do so. There might be irregular circumstances in which a passenger that ordered a single room will be lodged in a double room with one or two passengers during a short period of the trip. In such circumstances the relative part of the payment the passenger made for the room will be returned, according to the days in which he did not stay in the single room.
21. Some of the services offered by the lodging are seasonal and are not provided all year long. Middle Eat shall not be held liable for complaints in the event that one of the services was inactive unless it provided misleading information to the passenger concerning this matter or that it avoided from providing information or making a query concerning this subject even though it was requested to do so by the passenger.
22. Middle Eat shall not be held liable for a nuisance caused due to renovation and/or construction works in the lodging or nearby provided that it informed the passenger about any event that might be considered a nuisance as said at the time of making the order.
23. In rooms designated to accommodate two or more guests, additional guests will usually sleep in less comfortable beds.
24. The common practice in lodgings as to check in and checkout hours of guests is as follows: check in at 14:00 and check out until 10:00 irrespective of flight times. This is done for the purpose of enabling cleaning, ordering and airing the rooms for the next guests. In circumstances in which there is a request to check in at earlier times than the hours specified herein above, orders should be made on the night before arrival. The room is reserved until 18:00 at the date of check in to the lodging. If it is known that passengers arrive after 18:00, this should be specified at the time of making the order so as to notify the lodging and ensure that the passenger's order is duly executed. In the event of no-show and no use of the services specified in the voucher that was issued, the passenger shall be charged with the entire amount or at least in the amount charged by Middle Eat by the lodging and in any event the cost of the first night plus 40% of the cost of the remaining nights that were ordered.
25. Currency and foreign exchange rates: payment for tourism services provided in Israel is in NIS only. As to tourism services that are intended to be sell or fully provided abroad, prices are specified in foreign currency when the amount is determined according to higher selling rate for transfers and checks in which a bank in Israel sells the foreign currency on the business day preceding the date of payment. In the event of payment made in installments the amount shall be determined according to the deferred date of payment.
26. Documentation, passports and entry visas: the passenger is responsible to issue a passport, extending its validity and issuance of entry visas and/or Laissez-passer and/or visas to Israel and abroad. The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure. The passenger is hereby notified that in the event that he does not handle these matters he may not be able to exit from and/or enter Israel and/or another destination and he is bears full liability concerning these matters. The passenger ought to check that the names in the order conform with the names in the passport. The passenger is obligated to specify whether he has foreign/double citizenship/laissez-passer.
27. Prices: the passenger may receive the price offer given in relation to his order only if payment for the order was made or upon receipt of travel materials concerning his order. Order prices are based upon the rates of services in Israel and abroad, rates of charges in Israel and abroad, ground services, taxes and fees in Israel and abroad and foreign currency exchange rates as known on the date of confirming the order. The price for services concerning which final approval is granted on the date of the order is final. In the event of services concerning which no final approval is granted on the date of the order and their price changes at the service providers' request, the client shall be granted an opportunity to cancel the order at no extra charge.
28. Insurance: after making the order, the passenger is obligated to arrange for comprehensive personal insurance for himself and at his own expense including, among other things, medical insurance, luggage insurance and insurance for cancellation of order that is suitable to the nature of the trip (it is recommended to purchase an insurance policy that provides cover for rescue, medical flights and continuation of medical treatment in Israel/overseas). Insurance policies may be purchased only before leaving or entering Israel, as the case may be.
29. Health, medications and vaccinations: the passenger is obligated to notify Middle Eat as to physical and/or mental limitations and/or any other limitation that may impede the execution of the deal. The passenger is obligated to fully disclose information concerning this matter as specified in the Insurance Contract Law. The passenger is responsible for arranging the appropriate vaccinations and medications and bring his own medications to the trip according to his habits and needs. The passenger is responsible to receive the required vaccinations according to the instructions set forth by the Ministry of Health.
30. Natural phenomena, weather and force majeure: Middle Eat is not responsible for different climactic phenomena (floods, fog, clouds and so on) and/or other circumstances that are beyond its control and that may cause any change or cancellation. Middle Eat shall be exempt from liability towards the passenger concerning anything related to cancellation and/or change in any time and caused directly and/or indirectly as a result of force majeure, strikes, disturbance of public peace, fire, inundation, weather conditions, civil revolt, war, acts of terrorism, military operations, invasions, rebellion, pandemics, volcanic eruption, disease, robbery, theft, boycott, arrests, technical malfunctions or any similar event caused by a force majeure.
31. Regarding travel and safety issues in the region of Israel, including Judea and Samaria: All participants agree to travel at their own risk. Middle Eat will use safety precautions at their disposal, including armored vehicle if necessary. However, Middle Eat will not be held responsible in case of any incident that causes harm to tour participants.
32. Cancellation: the terms under which the passenger may cancel/change the order in writing: up to 60 days before departure - 200.00 USD; from 60 and up to 45 workdays before departure - 40% of the value of the deal; 45 to 30 days before departure - 70% of the value of the deal; 30 days before departure or no-show - 100% of the value of the deal.
33. In distance selling a consumer may cancel the deal in writing within 14 days from the date of making the deal or the date of delivering a full disclosure form (upon the later of the two) provided that cancellation is made at least seven business days before the date in which service is meant to be provided. In such circumstances cancellation fees in the amount of 5% of the deal or 100 NIS, according to the lower of the two, shall be charged.
34. Middle Eat may cancel confirmation of the order and/or the deal at all stages following notifications delivered by service providers provided that it returns the amounts paid by passengers.
35. Middle Eat is not liable for returning amounts that were paid for services that were not used by the passenger provided that failure to use the services is not under the responsibility of Middle Eat.
36. In the event that material change in the itinerary occurred and a relevant notice to the passenger prior to departure was delivered, the passenger has the right to cancel the trip within 72 hours from the date the notice concerning the material change was delivered without paying any cancellation fees. The date of cancellation shall be considered as the date in which the written cancellation notice is received in Middle Eat's offices. Middle Eat may cancel each trip at its discretion for reasons that are beyond its control or if the number of passengers does not justify the execution of the trip, and it may offer the passenger to take part in another trip or return the amounts paid. In addition, Middle Eat reserves the right to add passengers to a part of the trip that is identical to the original trip.
37. Difference of opinion: by entering this agreement the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the competent courts in Haifa for adjudication of any disputes or claims between the parties under this agreement, irrespective of the place where the order is signed or the passenger's place of residence. The governing law concerning any dispute and/or difference of opinion and/or conflict and/or claim and/or demand of any kind in connection with the passenger and the tourism services and/or these terms and conditions shall be Israeli law only.
38. Prescription: the passenger agrees that upon two years from the date of the end of the trip, he may not make any claims from Middle Eat whether by virtue of this agreement and whether in torts and this condition limits the term of prescription to two years only pursuant to the provisions set forth in Section 19 to the Prescription Law 5718-1958.